CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Family

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our Mommy Group




Since I stopped working back in August, I knew I needed to find something to occupy both Kenzie's time and my time so she wasn't bored and I didn't go crazy! ENTER our Mom's group! We are a part of a mom's group that has 34 members and it has been the greatest thing that has happened to us! We are out of the house at least 4 out of the 5 days during the week doing all sorts of different activities. We do everything from "themed" play dates ie. planting flowers, making garden stepping stones, playing with Playdoh, swimming in backyard pools, cookie decorating, book reading to Chuck E.Cheese, the zoo, Botanical Gardens...you get the picture! The woman who organizes the group used to be a preschool teacher so her play date ideas are always creative and fun!OH, and not to mention we have Mom's Night Out without the kiddos where we have: gone to dinner, had a spa night with massages and mani/pedi's, gone bowling, gone to the movies. It is GREAT!!!

Kenzie and I have made some precious friends and it is awesome to see her play with these kiddos that she has known since she was 3 months old! There are 2 older children (3 and 4yrs old) who just love Kenz and every now and again they will be playing with her and I will overhear them say "I love you Baby Kenzie!" How sweet!!

There are 4 of us within the group that have become really close. We babysit for each other, we BBQ, we are CONSTANTLY at each other's houses! It is nice to have these relationships and people to depend on when there is no family in town. We are so lucky to have found this awesome group and to have made our wonderful friends!