CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Family

Monday, March 29, 2010

"We" make messes...

"We" draw pictures using Sharpie pens that bleed into the carpet. "We" unroll toilet paper. In all bathrooms with a door left open. "We" define cleaning up as throwing all toys into a princess tent and thinking no one will notice. (This is just in a 48 hour period mind you, and I accidentally deleted the picture of the spilled teriyaki sauce that was all over the kitchen floor or you'd see that too!) As a result "we" make messes!




"Where is their mother while all this is happening?!" (I can hear the question now) First of all, let me tell you, these girls work fast! And, on a daily basis I like to do things like I don't know,get dressed, brush my teeth, use the bathroom, and maybe even make the bed...(if I'm lucky!) All of these events however normally result in above! Easy though, right? PUT THE SHARPIES AWAY. Would you believe they are in a drawer with a "child proof" lock? Yeah. SHUT THE DOOR TO THE BATHROOM! Yep, I do that, Kenzie doesn't. Her sister is right on her heels working her magic. (Her magic=me using toilet paper in MY bathroom from a heaping ball!) I could keep my children tethered to me I suppose but I think that would end up with a lot of screaming and crying. (from all of us :) )

The list really goes on and on. I used to get frustrated but I am now inspired. I do what I can to prevent it, but when I find the messes "we make" I grab my camera and blog! The good news is I can tell you rubbing alcohol takes Sharpie out of carpet, wood tables and even tile! Mr.Clean's Magic Eraser works wonders too. Vinegar cuts teriyaki sauces better than any other cleaning agent I've found! I'm sure by the end of the week I'll have a new tip to share!

So, come on over, swing on by but beware. It may not be perfect. "We" are in the process of making messes.