CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Family

Monday, November 8, 2010

The misadventures of...

Kenzie Lynn. Remember how I had a nice little run of these stories awhile ago? Ahhh yes, the terrible two's. And they were. But then we turned 3 and we turned a corner. The mischief was not as prevelent and we began to understand actions and consequences. 3 has been SO much better than 2 but such is life that a tiger doesn't ever completely lose it's stripes, you follow?! So, here are some 'misadventures' as of late.


This is our jar of peanut butter. You are probably wondering, What is that crumbly mix in your peanut butter? That is Jiffy Blueberry Pancake mix. I walked into the pantry last week and found a spoon in the peanut butter. Then, I looked on another shelf and found an opened box of the Jiffy mix with a spoon in it. Niiiiice. My child sneaks into the pantry and eats peanut butter out of the jar and dried pancake mix? WHAT IS THIS?! (Oh, not to mention Jason has since assured me he did this as a child all the time. He claims Jiffy Mix blueberries are the best thing ever?! HUH?! Not comforting.) Anyhow, I don't know when/how/why but tonight I go make Kenzie's sandwich for school tomorrow and this is what I see in my peanut butter. Somewhere along the line the two got mixed. Not cool. At all.
Now, check this out. Looks like Kenzie is just under her curtain, right? WRONG.
Now look closer. Her hair is twisted in her curtain. How in the?! Yeah, I know. I know.

Rewind to last week. I'm making my bed and all of a sudden I hear "HELP! HELP!" I dash over to Kenzie's room and find the above. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I ask (in my most calm June Cleaver like voice of course ;) ) "I was pretending to get married mommy...." So yeah, the curtain was her veil, she was spinning around pretending to dance with her pretend prince and viola, we have a hair mess. What can I say, the girl can use her imagination...
We had not drawn on anything in awhile buuuuuuut then last week I walked into our office and on the hard wood floor there was a beautiful stick figure on the floor greeting me. (sorry, no pic). When I asked why there was a drawing on the wood floor, I was told "Mommy, I couldn't find any paper." Okay well, thank God that lovely display of artwork was done in dry erase marker. That has since been thrown away. Along with every other marker in the home. (I reintroduced them about a month ago. Still too soon I'm afraid.)
So there's the latest. Life with little ones...never a dull moment, I assure you!