CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Family

Monday, July 23, 2012

On the back half...

It's official.  As of last Thursday I completed round 7 of chemo which means I am officially on the back half. WOO HOO!  MORE than half way done.  THANK GOD.  I have told y'all a bit about the lovely side effects that I've had.  Well I started thinking, all of the pictures I post are normally of the "good" days: at clinic or after the "chemo funk" has worn off.  Who wants to take pictures when they feel like crapola right?!  Well, I thought, that's not really fair now is it SO here's the reality folks (and it's not pretty ;)   )  And yes, in picture #1 I feel as good as I look LOL!  When the chemo hits it is a pj wearing, no contact putting in, hair in a pony tail, just get through the day kind of day.  I'd make a really good "Before and after" for a makeover show, no?! :)













Round #7, I can see the finish line!

















Speaking of side effects I have another positive.  As of 3 weeks ago I started doing acupuncture once a week, primarily to help with the nausea effects of chemo.  I felt like I was taking medicine like it was candy and I still felt awful!  Desperate times call for desperate measures friends!  Luckily the cancer center downtown offers acupuncture to all patients so I decided to try it.  I am happy to report that it has made a HUGE difference for me!  My nausea has improved immensely and I don't feel sick for as many days.  During acupuncture I still have yet to open my eyes while the pins are in me, I think that would really freak me out.  I just know she puts in about 25-30, I lay there for a half hour, the pins are taken out and I'm on my merry way.  It's magic people, just magic ;)  So that's the latest with me.  5 to go...