CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Family

Saturday, October 25, 2008

I promise...

I swear, I swear, I swear, my mom's group does not revolve around getting our children high on sugar...although this week they may have been the case! This child has had more treats in the past week than I think she's had in her LIFE! Anyhow, Jason was out of town, we had play dates every day...it was worth it :)

Monday we had the great Halloween Cookie Decorating party at our house! 12 children under the age of 4 dumping frosting and candy on sugar cookies, just as my friend Jenn said "Great, just what children need...sugar!" It was a ton of fun and everyone had a super time!


Tuesday we had "Boo Story Time" at the park with caramel apples. Kenzie loved the stories (she's obsessed with books!) and actually wasn't too keen on the caramel. This totally surprised me as she's always asking for more syrup on her pancakes! Fine by me, she had plenty a fix on Monday!



Wednesday was ANOTHER cookie party, but also pumpkin painting. We focused more on the pumpkins than the cookies this time but we had to try just one! Now of course, Kenzie would not put on a grungy shirt to paint with SO I stripped her down and she painted in her diaper. She was the only naked artist in the bunch but enjoyed every minute of it! It's really funny... we're starting to see bits of Jason's 'OCD' come out in her :) She has no problem getting her hands dirty (ie. smearing her fingers in paint or food or whatever it is...) but once she realizes it's on her fingers (hands,legs, wherever!) she freaks out and needs it wiped off immediately! Perfect little quirk when painting, right?!?!


The rest of the week was filled with library time, McD's play time and a birthday party! We've been busy! Jason is home tomorrow which we cannot wait for! The week did fly by though so I am very thankful! Now we just can't wait for Halloween!!!!