CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Family

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Paris in the springtime

I now understand what Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald were singing about: I TOO love Paris in the Springtime!!! Jason and I recently ventured on our own little trip to Paris. With our 5 year anniversary this spring we figured there was no better way to celebrate than in the most romantic city in the world, right? We had a blast! This was not our typical vacation. Our typical vacation consists of beach+fruity drinks+lots of laying around (see beach). This was lots of site seeing, lots of walking (one night about 3 miles in 3 inch heels thank you very much!), lots of espresso, lots of late nights, lots of late mornings and just an overall fantastic time! Highlights included dinner at the Eiffel Tower, touring Versailles, Notre Dame, Sacre Coure, Arc de Triumph, Champs Elysees, Montmartre, Trocadero Gardens and much more! We explored the entire city by foot but Jason (who I have always said has an internal GPS) mastered the subway and train system so when our feet couldn't take it anymore, off to the metro we went! We quickly adjusted to the Paris lifestyle. On a typical day we would wake up anywhere between 11am on the early side and even 1:30pm one day! (okay, we are the people who have always considered 8am as sleeping in!!!!) Mind you we weren't going to bed until 2 or 3am! EVERYTHING IS OPEN ALL NIGHT LONG IN PARIS! It's like Vegas, you lose track of all time...it's great!!! It was so nice sitting at the outdoor cafe's, sipping espresso or wine (depending on the hour) literally watching the world go by! Definitely in my top 2 trips EVER. Oh, and by the way, you will notice from my pictures that I became obsessed with the Eiffel Tower. It is sooo beautiful, during the day and at night. We went there almost every day. At night, every hour on the hour it sparkles "like a diamond in the sky!" See here~beautiful:

I took 1200 pictures on vacation. Crazy, I know. It was impossible to condense it down to 5 to post but of course I couldn't post all of them sooooooooo I made a video (in true Jess style) Here is a condensed version of our trip, enjoy!!