CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Family

Monday, March 23, 2009

3.22.03


It was 6 years ago yesterday that I walked into the Buddah Bar in Scottsdale Arizona and met my soul mate. Well, I didn't know he was my soul mate at the time, but walked in, saw a really handsome guy and decided I needed to be sitting RIGHT next to him. By the time the night was through, I knew he was REALLY REALLY special. I love the first picture that I have posted. If you look closely you can see it is a picture of the night we met and Jason is putting my phone number into his phone! (Thank you drunken camera happy co-worker I barely knew that I was out with that night!!!) How many people actually have a picture of that moment that changed their life forever? I love it. That bar we met at is actually located 2 blocks from the church my parents were married in. Interesting, eh? More fun facts: the subdivision Jason was living in at the time was called "Highland Ranch." My family had lived in Highlands Ranch, CO for 2 years. My parents lived in Menlo Park, CA when my mom was pregnant with me. Jason grew up on a street named Menlo. I discovered we had the exact same San Francisco sweatshirt jacket within our first month of dating and actually stole his because I thought "Well I don't remember bringing this over here..." and then ended up having two at my place. Oops :) There were so many little signs (other than the fact that I loved being around him and had never had more fun in my life!) for me that this was thee guy. Then on our first trip together, 5.5 months into dating, we headed to the Virgin Islands. I remember calling my mom saying "He is ABSOLUTELY PREFECT!! I have to marry this guy! I don't know what I will do if I don't!!!"

So, 6 years later, 3 years of marriage, 1.5 kiddos...I always love love love 3/22. This is where our story began...