CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Family

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Angel Baby...


My mommy friends and I have often discussed how we dislike the question "Is she/he a good baby?" Okay, well, she/he is a BABY!!! Baby's aren't bad!!! Instead, we prefer the question "Is she/he an easy baby?" The answer to this question 2 years ago was NO NO HECK NO!!! Our Kenzie was born with personality with a capital P! As a baby that translated to screaming. Lots and lots of screaming. Jason, getting home from work, putting her on his arm and walking all around the neighborhood. While she screamed. The entire time. Now I've thought about this and maybe it was because Kenzie was born at 37.5 weeks and maybe her system wasn't fully mature and maybe that's what she screamed so much. I've had people say to me "Well maybe because she was your first born you weren't used to everything, didn't know what to expect etc..." That I know wasn't it. Kenzie was a screamer and there was nothing we could do to fix it.

Now, this whole dissertation leads me to my little nickname for Kadence: Angel Baby. I am not wanting to jinx myself since she is only 8 weeks old but ask me the question: Is Kadence an easy baby??? Well, there have been no walks around the block. There have been no phone calls from me to Jason saying "She just won't stop!" Don't get me wrong, she cries like any other baby. When she's hungry, or needs a new diaper, or is tired. But then she stops! I love it!!! Love love love my angel baby :) She is doing so well in her 2 months of life! We had her 2 month check up last week and she is a very healthy 13lbs. 22 3/4 inches long! She has been smiling and cooing for a few weeks now! She is a loving little butterball cuddler that we just want to eat up! Her eyes are SO blue right now, Jason calls her 'Sinatra!' Anyhow, I sometimes feel I go on and on in the blog about Kenzie because she is at such a fun stage where she is making us laugh doing and saying the craziest things. I just wanted to let everyone know how Kadence is doing and share a few pictures of our precious Angel Baby :)

1) laughing with daddy! 2) Ahhh, this is the life!!! 3) just fat and happy!!!