CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Family

Friday, May 7, 2010

It goes a little somethin' like this.

I feed Kadence cereal. She wants more. I get the box, put it on the table, proceed to pour her another bowl. She finishes, I get her out of her highchair. I put her down on the ground to play with her sister. I then figure I have a minute to put the laundry in the washing machine. I go to the laundry room. Mistake #1. The water is running hard into the machine yet I hear a faint "Sssssssssshhhhhhhhh" What is that? I peek out. NOOOOOOOOOOOO! This is what I see.

An ENTIRE box of Rice Krispie cereal ON MY FLOOR. And no, I did not stand there and take pictures of this going on. I grabbed my camera when I knew it was too late. This was after the damage. Kadence was just trying to shake every last piece out of the box. (Just to piece it together for you, Kenzie decided she wanted to 'snack' on the cereal so she got the box off the table, sat on the floor eating it when her sister decided she wanted some too)

This is Kenzie jumping up and down saying "Hurry Kadence! Eat! STUFF YOUR FACE! It will all be gone SOON!" (she didn't actually say that but yeah, the encouragement was there) Notice Kadence, double fisting. She is a good listener.
Pursed lips, residue around the mouth. She stuffed as much as she could into her mouth and she's trying to chew here. I must admit, for a minute I thought "Hmmmm, maybe I could save the cereal?! At least the top layer? Maybe?! (You know you'd think the same thing ;) ) My floor is clean, right?!" Who are we kidding? No, my floor is not clean. (In my defense, it was mopped 2 days before this incident, still, it could have been 2 hours and it still wouldn't have been clean BECAUSE OF INCIDENTS LIKE THIS!!! *sigh*)
So, I vacuumed it up. I swear I did! Look:
Something good did come of this. I took this as an opportunity to get a picture of BOTH girls! Together. Neither one of them is trying to get away! Amazing :)