It has been two weeks now. Two weeks since we took Kenzie out of her crib and plopped her straight down into her new double bed for all naps and all bedtimes! I was expecting the worst (climbing out of bed constantly to play or get out of her room)but I am happy to report that did not/has not occurred and we have success!! The first 3 nights she woke up around 3am, I think just kind of confused to where she was at. I went into her room, laid down with her until she fell back asleep, and all was fine. After those first few nights, she figured out this was her new bed and she was back to her normal sleeping through the night! Kenzie has officially said good bye to her nursery and is in her BIG GIRL ROOM!!!
I love her room for so many reasons! First of all it has been a series of projects from both Jason and myself and was put together with help from grandparents too! Grandma Rhea and Grandpa Wayne gave her the comforter set for Christmas. Nonna and Pop Pop (my folks) gave her the sheets and window treatments. Jason made her headboard himself (which in the pic is still a work in progress, we picked out a much brighter pink satin instead). Jason also sanded down and repainted two pieces of furniture: Grandma Agnes' old desk and the chest of drawers we got for her. I made her bow holder and her picture memory boards. We still have some decorating to do but for the time being, I'd say it looks pretty darn cute!
I told Jason I am having deja vu looking at the nursery now. Gone are the letters that read "Kenzie" across the wall. Gone are the pink sheets and the pink changing table cover. Replacing them are the sage green we had everywhere before we knew Kenzie was a girl. The pink may resurface but for the time being we are enjoying the suspense of our surprise baby! Just two months to go! I cannot believe how quickly time has passed!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Kenzie's Big Girl Room
Posted by Jess, Jason, Kenzie and Kadence at 1:23 PM