CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Family

Sunday, February 1, 2009

My brother is getting married!!!

Okay, so I just have to brag a little bit. My brother has just proven to be one of the most intelligent people I know. Why?! Because he just asked Miss Emily Murlless to MARRY HIM!!!! After 3+ years of dating he got down on one knee on a ski slope and popped the question! Now, to know Emily is to love her. You look at her and instantly see how gorgeous she is but then you speak with her and find out she is even more beautiful on the inside. We have ALL known for a long time that this was meant to be and now she will be officially joining our family and we couldn't be more excited :)

I remember asking Josh about a year and a half ago "So, do you think you're going to marry Emily?" and he said something along the lines of, "Jessi, if I don't marry Emily, I won't be getting married..." It melted my heart as I knew he had found THE ONE!

So I already asked for permission to blog/gush about his proposal and they both gave me the go ahead so I have to summarize their proposal story because I think it is AWESOME! I also think it is awesome that my brother, yes MY BROTHER came up with the idea! He is so good :)

Emily and Josh went snowboarding this weekend and without Emily knowing Josh arranged to have our folks and her folks go to the ski lodge they were at. He gave the folks a specific time to be at the bottom of a run they would be coming down and he had provided them with signs he had made that read 'EMILY, WILL YOU MARRY ME?' So they came down the mountain, Emily saw the signs, both sets of parents holding the signs, Josh got down on one knee and she said YES!!! OH and several others had seen the signs as well, stopped skiing/snowboarding in their tracks to witness what was going on! They had several cheers and congratulations from the crowd!

Big Congrats little brother. To find your soulmate, the one who makes you laugh, smile, makes the bad days better and the good days incredible, is not an easy thing to do. I watched you as you found Emily, fell in love and realized this was it. You found her. And I couldn't be happier for you :)