CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Family

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Off to the beach...Texas style!

Okay, so it wasn't really the beach. It was the lake. But there was sand. Placed there by man of course... But it was above 70 degrees today so we decided we were going to pack a picnic and go to the "beach!" What an awesome day, a little windy as you can see from the pictures, but beautiful all around! We headed out to Granbury Square first of all where we walked around and checked out a shop or two...(or 3 or 4...Jason's request of course ;) ) Once we finished with the square we headed to a park that had great playground equipment! Kenzie had fun rocking on her 'ducky' going down the slide and on the swings. Finally, we headed across the street to sit on the water and enjoy our picnic in the sand! We managed to work in a few self timed pictures and then we let Kenzie just play and play in the sand! Guess who needs a sandbox now?! Oh she just loved it! I actually let her put sand on 'our baby' (my tummy) and she thought that was just the funniest thing!! It was definitely a great Saturday and it became very clear we are more than ready for Spring and Summer to be here permanently!

In our self timed picture you can see our little prop, our "And they lived happily ever after" sign. I LOVE this sign. I have been wanting this sign now for 2+ years to put above the door in Jason and I's bedroom. I found a version of it in Granbury and finally bought it! I could go on and on about what this means to me but what it boils down to is every day that I wake up I feel beyond grateful and blessed for my life: my marriage, my child(ren), my family and friends, and the health of all of us. One of my favorite quotes sums it up: Tom Grunnick asked Aaron Altman "What do you do when your real life exceeds your dreams?" His response, "Keep it to yourself..."